Re: fc5: install everything?

Craig White wrote:
Seriously though...there was a bunch of consternation about what
represented 'install everything', there was emphasis on reducing the
packages that are part of core and moving stuff out to extras which is
really where people are wanting to install everything...not from core.
The problem with that approach is a lack of integration.

If the core fedora team wants to thin out it's responsibilities, that's fine, I suppose. We'll just need to reinvent another team to reintegrate and repackage fedora core + the rest of the stuff we need for a complete OS. I'm just sad to see the product degrade.

Integration is the most important thing fedora offers, even more important than nice art, even more important than simple installs.

--rich