Re: Improvements?

On 3/21/06, Xavier Higgins <pyrophobicman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I know that, but having done that  (in the test release at least),
> there were many rpms not installed. Was this resolved? If not, is
> there a way to get *ALL* of the packages on the five disks?

There has never been a way to get *all* of the packages on the install
disks, as I understand it.  There are some packages that conflict and
thus cannot be installed together.  There is not an "Everything"
option in FC5 like in FC4.  This has been the topic of much debate on
the fedora-test list and the final answer seems to be that an
"Everything" install is just too complicated to support.

By the way, judging Fedora based on a test release is not at all fair.
 A test release is for just that: *testing*.  Do not install a test
release if you want a stable system; install a test release only if
you plan on helping test.

Jonathan