Re: Improvements?

I just permanently deleted FC forever. You are better off with SUSE or Slackware.

From: "Xavier Higgins" <pyrophobicman@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Improvements?
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 19:25:51 -0500

On 3/20/06, Craig White <craigwhite@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 18:01 -0500, Xavier Higgins wrote:
> > I downloaded FC5T2 when it first came out, and was appalled. There was
> > a lack of so many things, I just switched to SuSE until the final came
> > out. Well, it's out. I don't want to get stuck with something bad, so
> > I wanted to ask a few questions.
> >
> > 1. Is there an "Everything" Install option? Lack of this was the main
> > reson of avoiding test2.
> ----
> no - but right click on any group and choose select all. Hardly seems to
> be a deal breaker
> ----
> >
> > 2. Does Ndiswrapper work better than it did in c4? It locked up!
> ----
> a lot of people got ndiswrapper working on FC-4, if that's what you
> meant by c4. Perhaps you got something hosed up
> ----
> >
> > That's basically it, if anyone has any other comments (features, etc.)
> > I and the other group members would like to hear.
> ----
> I'm not sure that I would point to those things as the reason to use or
> not use a distribution.
>
> Craig
>
> --

Well, the Everything option was a way to get EVERY package on the
discs (not just what's shown). If there's a way to get the extra
packages through pirut, but not the web, that would be great. Pirut
kept crashing on test2, so that gets annoying. I'm on wifi, so yeah.
The Ndsiwrapper was a side question, and I could not get it to work.
I'll try again.

So is there a way to do this with Pirut (or other util)?

poly-p man

--
Registered linux user #386711 at
http://counter.li.org