Plain text from Gmail

Tim wrote:
> It was still HTML, and I don't know the trick to stopping Gmail from
> doing that.

When "composing" an e-mail, immediately above the text entry box where
you type in the message, there's either a toolbar of format options and
a link saying "« Plain text" or just a link saying "Rich formatting »".
If you get the toolbar and the link to "Plain text", you're in "HTML"
mode.  If you get the link to "Rich formatting", you're in plain text
mode.

Having said that, even in "Rich formatting" mode, Gmail sends
"multipart/alternative" text, with HTML and plain text equivalent
versions of the e-mail. Since I'm running mutt here, I scarcely notice
that there was an HTML equivalent.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james |  ... more holes in Internet Explorer than
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | Blackburn, Lancashire...