Wget, Yum and network investigation

I can't solve this problem...

Scenary

1 Pc acting as router with Fedora 4, iptables, squid, transparent proxy
other PC's working with Fedora

I have two twin networks (at home and at office) and they are very similar, i.e. in most cases configuration files are the same, sometimes transferred from one system forth and backwards. One router has been updated from RH8 to RH9/FC1/FC2/FC3/FC4, the other router was a fresh FC4 install.

I updated all systems (router and other computers) by yum update or graphically by Yumex for a long time.
Suddenly yum (and Yumex) on one router didn't work any more, while synaptic works fine

Suddenly the router could not be updated by yum:

yum update
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates-released
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates-released

The other PC on same network could be updated by yum

On  Paul's advice i issued the wget command on the router
Please note the difference if I use flag --inet6 (that doesn't work) or inet4 that works. Wget without any flag works flawlessly.

get -v --inet6-only http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml
--13:38:06--  http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml
           => `repomd.xml.6'
Risoluzione di download.fedora.redhat.com in corso... fallito: Name or service not known.

 wget -v --inet4-only http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml
--13:40:30--  http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml
           => `repomd.xml.6'
Risoluzione di download.fedora.redhat.com in corso... 66.187.224.20, 209.132.176.20, 209.132.176.220, ...
Connessione a download.fedora.redhat.com|66
.187.224.20:80... connesso.
HTTP richiesta inviata, aspetto la risposta... 200 OK
Lunghezza: 1,140 ( 1.1K) [text/xml]

13:40:31 (673.08 KB/s) - "repomd.xml.6" salvato [1140/1140]

Same commands on other PC works fine.

Please note that apart from this problem, I can surf the net and get e-mails also on router, and all networks runs fine on the Internet.

Any idea, any point to start where to investigate???

Tnx
--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag