Re: Duplicate packages - what do I do?

awrobinson@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> OK, now that I know the duplicates are supposed to be there, any harm in
> leaving them all? Any benefit?
>
> I'm having trouble getting a 'yum upgrade' to complete. It's probably a
> different issue, but I'll ask since it's marginally related. Yum knows
> the difference between the i386 and x86_64 packages, doesn't it?

Yeah just leave them there.  Some apps might only be avaiable in i386
compiles, they then want the 32-bit versions of libraries, which you
have plenty of.  If you remove them such 32-bit apps (like Acrobat for
example) will drop dead.

The yum problem does sound "like a different issue": why not paste some
errors.

Yep Yum knows about this multiarch stuff fine, it should be mostly
transparent.

-Andy