Re: using Minicom to send & receive files

Gowri Satish Adimulam wrote:
Hi ,

mine setup is like this
 I  ascii      /usr/bin/ascii-xfr -dsv         Y    U    N       Y
N ( just talking about ascii)
i am doing the below procedure to send file to my target , but i could
see file by the name which i transfered.
Please let me know whether iam following correct procedure or not

Procedure from my minicom iam typing ctrl +a + Z ,
A menu is poping up , from that menu , selecting S (for sending  file)
 again a small menu is poping up asking about choice of file transfer
protocol selecting ASCII ,
  different menu has poped up asking to select the file name .
I selected name and and sent on the screen the below message was displayed.

start of message ======================

ASCII upload of "trx_rcv.sh" 0.0 Kbytes transferred at 0 CPS... Done. READY: press any key to continue...
end of message =====================

Please let me know , whether i following the correct procedure or not.

The procedure looks ok, and your setup looks ok, what doesn't
look ok is the file. It looks like either

	(1) the file is empty
	(2) you are running as a user w/o read access to the file
	(3) something else I haven't thought of

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.