Re: Grub config file editing

Tim:
>> I really loathe its manner of starting counting from zero.  Sure, it
>> makes sense for 0 to refer to a whole partition, and 1 for the first
>> partition.  But 0 for the first drive is nonsensical.

Kostas Sfakiotakis:
> Grub starts it's numbering from 0.

I know that, I'm saying it's not user-friendly, nor has it ever been.

Remember when we only had floppy drives?  Some computers with two drives
had drives "zero" and "one", which is sheer stupidity in human terms.
Other more practical systems called them drive "one" and "two".

It causes no end of problems because you HAVE to explain to someone that
it starts counting from zero instead of one.  On the other hand, you
wouldn't have to explain things to people if they counted normally.

I read messages from the public lists.