Re: ref: Microsoft barriers to Linux adoption on the desktop

Guy Fraser wrote:

[I wrote]

It looks to me like MicroSoft products are much better able to keep
older hardware going than Linux.

Not if you compare apples and oranges.

Knoppix is no older than XP, can you run XP on those machines...

I didn't think so.

Have you tried a really old version of SlackWare from around 1995 to see which machines it would run on?

I didn't think so.

I don't have to. NO version of Linux has EVER run on an 8088 or
an 80286. Period.

[snip]

As far as I know, the 80386 was the first processor supported
by Linux, or BSD but I don't know. Back in those days, I

What I said. MicroSoft products are better able to run
on old hardware than Linux.

You agree, so there's no need for further discussion.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.