Re: Adding an Ubuntu Partition to My Harddrive

On 2/14/06, Robert Locke <lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> the other instructor who might be ultimately demonstrating Microsoft's
> inability to "stick with" a standard.

Unknown.

> Now, for the divergence....  In Windows Server 2003, the Disk
> Administrator Tool (whatever it is called...), now allows us to create
> multiple "Extended Partitions".....   Bad, bad, bad.....  So technically
> in 2003, he could re-type hda1 as an Extended partition and create two
> logical partitions inside that new second, Extended partition.....

That assumes that Windows 2003 is already live and not actually on the
Partition that was deleted.  I have access to several varieties of
Windows and none of them (so far) have been able to complete this
trick during system build IF there were already other partitions on
the drive.  =(

> Of course, flipping it around, perhaps the instructor was expecting the
> students to use parted....  Delete the first partition, physically move

That is highly unlikely as most of the other instructors cannot spell Linux.

:-)
--
WC -Sx- Jones | http://ccsh.us/ | Open Source Consulting