Re: Kernel 2.6.15-1.1830 lock-up issues

On Thursday 09 February 2006 15:28, Nancy Merckle wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, Claude Jones wrote:
> > You might try booting into runlevel 1 and trying a yum update. I doubt
> > you have the same issues as I, because your description is much more
> > severe. My symptoms were cured by a new fglrx module from Livna - the
> > first one they created had problems, and the subsequent one fixed my
> > issue. fglrx, in case you don't know, is the proprietary driver from ATI
> > for their line of video cards.
>
> Thanks for the help, but yum update can't open "//var/log/yum.log" from
> rescue mode.  That's not a typo, and that's not my biggest concern anymore
> right now either.  I think I have a superblock hosed on my /home
> directory.
>
> Nancy

> nancym@xxxxxxxxx  ..... (future) http://www.charm.net/~nancym/
> The Kitties Page  ...........  http://members.aol.com/Mysnats/
> My Sister's Karaoke Site ............  http://karaokeklub.com/
In rescue mode not all partitions are necessarily mounted and paths and other
environment elements are not set (S.A. the command line prompt).

They would have to be manually mounted since init 1 is for repair and you do
not want to run fsck on mounted partitions.

Executing files (S.A. /usr/bin/yum) has to be manually
entering the commands with full paths other than /bin and /sbin.
--
Some people have convictions.
Some people have opinions