Re: Corrupt Superblock on /home

Nancy Merckle wrote:
> I still have problems with the disk, but I should be able to get the
> critical data moved to a different drive and then I can reformat the
> drive, and I've decided to make the partitions smaller so if I do ever
> need to rescue stuff I can do it in smaller chunks.

I'd strongly recommend running the manufacturer's diagnostics *and*
checking
smartctl -l error /dev/hdb
*and* not trusting that disk too much for a while...

In my experience, dodgy disks can be scary. My data is worth enough to
me, and replacement disks are cheap enough, that I tend to replace first
and ask questions later.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Am I alone in receiving so much junk mail? Can these
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | people not get it into their thick heads that I do not