Re: OT: Any hope of RedHat buying the IDEs from Delphi?

On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 12:18 -0600, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>         > According to this article:
>         > http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1922016,00.asp ,
>         Borland is
>         > looking for a buyer for their IDE products. As someone who
>         first
>         > programmed in Turbo Pascal, and then in Delphi, I would love
>         to see
>         > these tools working flawless in Fedora.
> Anybody in RedHat here listening?

I'm sure they have much more important things to spend money on
(developers of gcc, gcj, eclipse, openoffice, mono...)

If you are so interested do it Blender-style: setup a site to gather
donations and discuss with Borland their price; be the first to
contribute at least $1k. But please don't ask Red Hat to buy and open
source every piece of software (I've seen request for licensing mp3),
they are doing already more than enough.

--
Marius Andreiana