Re: OT: Any hope of RedHat buying the IDEs from Delphi?

On 2/8/06, Peter Gordon <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 22:45 -0600, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> According to this article:
> http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1922016,00.asp , Borland is
> looking for a buyer for their IDE products. As someone who first
> programmed in Turbo Pascal, and then in Delphi, I would love to see
> these tools working flawless in Fedora.
>
> What are the chances of this happening? I just had to ask.
>
> Arthur.

Hmm. I rather did like my experiences with Pascal in school. If Red Hat
bought this, then GPL'd it as they did with other things like the Fedora
Directory Server, then I think it would be a great addition to the world
of Free Software Development. Maybe it could hook into FreePascal too.

Even one better . . . invite them over. This is basically what the FreePascal guys have been fighting for. Let them enjoy this with first pick at the code, some status in development, etc.

Anybody in RedHat here listening?
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
GnuPG Public Key ID: 0xDA3634D7