Re: Suggestion please - Binary newsgroup posting software.

D. D. Brierton wrote:
On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 13:59 -0500, mindwave@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

try PAN

its available from sourceforge

i tried several others and PAN wins hands down

its a LOT like GRABIT from the windows world

PAN can *read* multipart yenc binary files (although you'd have to unrar
them yourself) but it CANNOT post them.

Hey, you beat me to the response. I use Pan and I love it but it cannot post. I was thinking of suggesting to the Pan maintainer to see if they could incorporate newspost into Pan. Then it would be the greatest.

I have to play with newspost and see if I can find out how to get (g/k)newspost to compile. Not my domain.