Re: Windows XP and fedora Core 4

Ambrogio wrote:
>   The reason, if I remeber correctly, is that windows re-writes the MBR
> (master boot record) so that only windows partitions are recognized.

In my experience, it doesn't have the hubris to completely "zap"
partitions (unless you tell it to). What it can do is over-write any
"non-standard" boot-loader such as Grub. So your Linux partitions are
still there, perfectly safe -- you just can't boot into them.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "Surely you don't begrudge me one measly bag per cup?"
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | "Of tea, no. Of sugar, yes."