Re: Windows XP and fedora Core 4

On 2/5/06, chen li <chen_li3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear all,

I only have FC4 on my computer. For some reasons I
want to have Windows XP installed  so that I will have
two operation systems on my computer. Many articles
talk about how to install Linux to those computers
with windows XP. But it seems  there is no information
about how to install windows XP after Linux. I wonder
if anyone out there helps me out.

  The reason, if I remeber correctly, is that windows re-writes the MBR (master boot record) so that only windows partitions are recognized.  Therefore you need to install windows first, then Linux.  There might be some programs out there that let you do it the other way around, but I don't know them.  Sorry for the bad news!

JT

Thank you in advance,

Li