----Alkuperäinen viesti----
Lähettäjä: lorenzo.sandini@xxxxxxxxxx
Päivämäärä: Feb 6, 2006 9:38:50 AM
Vastaanottaja: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Aihe: clear the MBR after FC4 removal

Hi,

Moving my FC4 install to a bigger machine, and recycling the old computer to
be a windows xp desktop computer.

Booted from the WinXP CD, formatted the whole drive, and hoped the MBR would
be overwritten and cleanED, but it is not.

On reboot, I am offerend to choose between Win XP and "former OS", which
obviously LEADS nowhere.

fdisk /mbr doesn't do a thing. How can I get rid of the reference to the
former OS in the boot menu ? I know I can edit the boot.ini, but is there any
trace of FC4 on the HDD that needs to be cleared ?

Lorenzo