Re: Windows XP and fedora Core 4

On Sunday 05 Feb 2006 12:05, chen li wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I only have FC4 on my computer. For some reasons I
> want to have Windows XP installed  so that I will have
> two operation systems on my computer. Many articles
> talk about how to install Linux to those computers
> with windows XP. But it seems  there is no information
> about how to install windows XP after Linux. I wonder
> if anyone out there helps me out.
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Li
Li,

Try looking up the vmware web site, and read about vmware on wikipedia, where
there is a few pretty useful links. I've not tried installing XP as a virtual
machine yet, but I have downloaded a FC5t2 machine and that runs OK under
FC3.

If it works OK for you then the advantage of this approach is that you don't
have to mess about with partitions at all.

Dave F

--
Registered Linux user number 393408

http://oneandone.co.uk/xml/init?k_id=6389763