Re: Old 486 computer & external CD reader advice needed

Les Mikesell wrote:
On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 11:24, Mike McCarty wrote:

But I don't want to drag a whole
UNIX environment into my Windows environment, any more
than I want to drag a whole Windows environment into
my Linux environment.

Actually both of those are very desirable things to have
available.  The Cygwin X environment has been built
so you can execute it from a CD: http://xlivecd.indiana.edu/.
I don't know if they include bash in the package or
not, but if not, a similar approach might work.

That looks worthwhile. I'll go have a look right now.

And right now *any* actual cost sounds bad to a
laid-off engineer.

You need to find at least enough contract work to make
some new toys tax-deductible .

:-)

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.