hardware development for high security education.

I'm hoping to develop a tablet clientdevice, no
keyboard, no mouse, just a touchscreen and wireless
and a static operating system burned onto a DVD, live
filesystem in ram. I'd like to not have to use a
harddrive at all. Just the DVD to boot from and ram
and wireless combination for any file writing.  Any
pointers in that direction would be appreciated.

I understand that the Japanese have developed such
machines to a high art for their education system. I
don't want any input devices other than the touch
screen for high security purposes... no output
hardware besides the LED screen , wireless, and an
audio jack. The case would have to be high impact
rated, such as lexan material, and the box battery
powered. Thumbprint login for security.

My idea is that with virtually no input other than the
touchscreen, it'll be secure as hell. Finally, it has
to be cheap. Very cheap, if I'm to propose my package
to state agencies. <cackles> Thanx, in advance, for
any considerations, Ric