Re: Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Hi

Whether the policy is the same as always is not the point. The point is that it's silly. It forces users to make untimely choices (such as go to a beta release) or to make needless choices and do needless work (such as reconfigure their updating software or install a soon-to-retire release) or to make unsafe choices (such as to use unmaintained software).

Merely install a legacy release repository package is not a huge burden. rpm -ivh <link/fedora-legacy.rpm> or some such. We will likely include legacy repository information by default in subsequent release to save you even that trouble. Like I said already there is no huge issues to be taken care of with the current FC3 packages. Legacy can keep cover the requirements for now. So just wait for FC5 and install it. That you didnt choose to install Fedora Core 4 does not make the update cycle silly IMO.

--
Rahul