Re: How to reinstall windows xp

Paul F. Johnson wrote:
Hi,

I don't deny that XP can have problems, but I also think that it can be
very good, if setup and looked after properly, as can fedora (otherwise
I wouldn't be on this list)

Nope. If I set up XP Home, everyone has effective root permissions,
which is why things go wrong so often. Same applies, though to a lesser
extent, to XP Pro.

If a stoodent at work tries to open a command window, it opens, but theyre's a message to the effect "you can't do this dude."

Windows XP Prof can be locked down. I've not yet tried locking down Home: I don't have proper install disks, and I've not yet fiddled with the recovery CDs that came with my laptop.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait