RE: How to reinstall windows xp

Hi,

> I don't deny that XP can have problems, but I also think that it can be
> very good, if setup and looked after properly, as can fedora (otherwise
> I wouldn't be on this list)

Nope. If I set up XP Home, everyone has effective root permissions,
which is why things go wrong so often. Same applies, though to a lesser
extent, to XP Pro.

If I set up FC with the su password not being known to anyone other than
me, as many users as are needed can use the system with a 100% no chance
of screwing anything up other than their own user space. It takes no
looking after other than updating (which can be run as cron job)

> I just think flat saying all XP's are bad and all Fedoras are good is a
> bit too general.

Which I've not said. FC1 was not very good IMHO.

> I have supported 1000's of machines in the past and
> both kinds have had problems. All have there place.

Other than on the install CD, I'm yet to find one for Windows.

TTFN

Paul
--
"wir kamen, wir sahen, wir traten ihren Esel" - Dr Venkman, Ghostbusters