RE: news reader

On Sun, 2006-01-15 at 18:13 -0500, Michael D. Berger wrote:
> [...]

Yes.
While it calls itself a newsreader for gnome, it actually really a gtk2+
application - not a gnome application. So installing it won't bring in a
bunch of gnome libraries - just gtk2+ which you probably already have.

Well, actually - it does have gedit as a dependency, and that will bring
in gnome stuff. It doesn't *really* need gedit though - you could
install the rpm via --nodeps (first making sure the other requirements
are met) and when you run it, change the text editor in the preferences
to kedit.

It should be noted that pan does not (currently) attach files - you can
manually uuencode files and attach them, but it doesn't do it for you.

It does however handle attached files just fine from posts to a
newsgroup.