Re: Backup programs recomendations

On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 16:18 -0300, Arturo Alejandro Hoffstadt Urrutia
wrote:

> I don't want to use scripting, because I have to work cross-platform (windows
> and linux, maybe mac). I want a more serious (I ment no disrespect, but bash
> and perl are scripting language, not backup system... and I don't want to
> develop the whole backup system)...
>
> Also, I need backups in DVD o CD... I known the tape are a more reliable and
> better choice, but i'm stuck with it...

Bacula is the one that I will start experimenting with pretty soon:

http://www.bacula.org/

I have the exact same requirements and Bacula seems to meet them all.
The truth shall be revealed after the experiments.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/