Re: Why questions don't get answered, or "No, I've already RTFM, tell me the answer!"

--- Arthur Pemberton <pemboa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 12/30/05, Antonio Olivares
> <olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> > Ok!  We can still get all the goodies, no problem
> > little bit of work.  I can live with that, but
> other
> > people want the cake and eat it too.  Thank you
> for
> > the explanation.  I thought that the Fedora
> Foundation
> > upon release from Red Hat's grip, would allow for
> > inclusion of the programs that could not be added
> > because of licensing issues.
>

> Users who want everything so neatly and conviently
> packaged should pony up
> cash to pay for the non-free things they wish to
> enjoy. And in all fairness,
> by the graces of the guys at Livna and ATrpms, all
> these free things can
> easily be added to a fresh install.
>
> Do I sense some Red Hat dislike in your tone?

Not at all.  Red Hat sponsors Fedora which I like and
all those things I can get on my own.  I personally do
not mind going through other packages and getting what
I want and configure the system to my liking.  It was
an honest question which many people ask and they do
not get a clear answer.

> > > By the way is this the longest thread of the
> year,
> > > or
> petsupermarket.uol.br
> > > ----
> > > who cares?
> >
> > Just a curiosity!  No damage or hard feelings
> > intended.  :)
>

> I think it is fair to say this is not the longest
> thread. Earlier  this
> year there was a thread about top posting and other
> bad list practices, that
> thread was very long if I remember correctly.

Yes, but this one is not too far behind.