RE: Why questions don't get answered, or "No, I've already RTFM, tell me the answer!"

On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 12:44 -0600, Birt, Jeffrey wrote:

> i.e.: "...after all I have gone through a severe amount of pain and
> mastered *nix; therefore I am far superior to the Windoze drones."

That reminds me of something that occured to me a while ago:  There
seems to be an attitude of:  "I suffered long and hard to figure out how
to use it, you should have to as well."

I don't mind giving people a fair bit of help, but I do get annoyed that
if you tell someone to modify something in the "security level" control
panel (for instance), that they want you to explictly tell them where to
find it in the menu, as well.  How hard is it to look through your menus
and see what options you have?

Though, to be fair, that's far more of a Windows than Linux issue.

I read messages from the public lists.