Re: FC4 CF-based Router

Hi all!

As I mentioned, I got my machine booted almost exactly the way that I
wanted, into a guaranteed read-only mode. My only problem is MySQL
(which I have installed for Cacti).

I created an init script which runs at a higher priority than mysql,
which basically dumps my precomfigured databases into a ramdisk mounted
where MySql's my.cnf is expecting it (/var/lib/mysql, if memory serves
me correctly). I also throw my socket into /dev/shm/mysql.sock
(temporarily...)

I start my ramdisk and load it, and then load mysql (which dies saying
that it cannot communicate with socket). I check that the database
directory is mounted (yes), read/write (yes), and loaded with the data
(check). The socket directory/file is also read-write and touchable.

I log into the machine, do "/etc/init.d/mysqld start" and everything
comes up correctly. If, however, I do "service mysqld start", this fails
the same way as when it was booting. What does "service" do differently
than just executing the init.d script?

Thanks in advance!
Steve