Re: Fedora community (Was: Revised Fedora Core website - Where are the links?)

Hi

My sincerest apologies if my ramblings come across as hostile.  I am a
Fedora fan, really I am.  My concern is that the public face for
Fedora Core, http://fedora.redhat.com, has been marginalized
(buzzword:  depricated) but its replacement is not ready to step up to
the plate.  If the decision has not been made to replace the site why
hobble it?  The site could have been left pretty much alone until a
replacement was ready. Why the rush? FC5 isn't due until the middle of
next year.
Now thats a good question. There was a LOT of irrelevant, outdated and poorly worded content in the website that was being (mis) quoted in all kinds of places. The current one though its sparse looks much better in relative terms since the content actually in the links are clean and taking into account that its work in progress. You can look into the websites cvs commits list for older content if you are really curious about the changes. If you think you can help add more content and rework it as necessary and you think thats important I appreciate that interest. Step up and do the work. There is always more room for contributors. Work on design, content, discuss changes in fedora-websites-list, talk in #fedora-websites, file bugs and so on.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites

--
Rahul
Learn. Network. Experience open source.