Re: Fwd: [Contributors] Microsoft Windows Is Offically Broken

Matthew Miller wrote:

On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 10:52:27PM -0500, Jim Cornette wrote:
The concept was to load wordperfect under Linux. Also WordPerfect was working on a program that was able to run Microsoft applications under Linux. MicroSoft bought WordPerfect out and closed development on the project and stripped out the code WordPerfect developed for the feat.

This isn't quite accurate. Corel made use of the open-source Wine project to
port their code to Linux (using it in its "Wine-is-not-an-emulator" role).
They did make contributions back to the open source project, but I'm not
sure how extensive they were.

I was going to buy it when it came out. I believe there was a version of WordPerfect Linux that actually made it to the stores. I do not know

It was a free download; I'm not sure if it was actually also available in
physical stores for money.

whatever happened to the information on the web.
I'll try WordPerfect Linux to see what comes up.

Yes, good idea.

What is a competent search engine? Google seems to be falling apart. It could not find the sun in midday now.

Well, try Google before complaining. :)

Searching for "wordperfect linux" (without the quotes) on Google brings up a
very informative FAQ, including links to download sites.

I tried using Google and it did not net anything close to what WordPerfect product development did. This excerpt was found in news through Google.

*News* 1-Jan-2002 All prior Corel Linux links now point to Xandros <http://www.xandros.net/> 2-Oct-2000 Microsoft invests $135 Million and establishes a strategic alliance
http://www.theosfiles.com/os_linux/ospg_Linux_corel.htm

Myself, I am getting a little less confident on Google searches that I have tried on both historic and recent event searches. It is not as good as it once seemed to be.

As far as the suppression of technologies by large corporations, it goes on in efficient transportation as well as software technologies.

WordPerfect Linux or Corel Linux are outlawed or eliminated. I guess focus on what heppens with current technologies and what government regulations (bought by corporations) are put on Multimedia, OS and other items is the better item to keep in focus.

Jim