Re: Fwd: [Contributors] Microsoft Windows Is Offically Broken

Strong wrote:

On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 10:20 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
Wordperfect 6 for Linux which was capable of running Windows 3.1 apps.
I believe the article is from 1997 timeframe though.
Is wordperfect not a text processor? How does it run an application?!

The concept was to load wordperfect under Linux. Also WordPerfect was working on a program that was able to run Microsoft applications under Linux. MicroSoft bought WordPerfect out and closed development on the project and stripped out the code WordPerfect developed for the feat. I was going to buy it when it came out. I believe there was a version of WordPerfect Linux that actually made it to the stores. I do not know whatever happened to the information on the web.
I'll try WordPerfect Linux to see what comes up.
What is a competent search engine? Google seems to be falling apart. It could not find the sun in midday now.

Jim

--
Life is to you a dashing and bold adventure.