Re: Using the sha1sum

Jonathan Gold wrote:
I do not understand how to use the checksum program.

I have downloaded the 4 iso files.

I am using Windows XP.

I do not have a sha1sum program; I do not understand where it is.

When I run the command {sha1sum FC4-i386-disc1.iso} my computer says
it does not recognize sha1sum as a valid command.

How do I set this up to run the checksums correctly?

Thanks

--

You should use google! For instance sha1sum + Windows will get you a link to the gnupg homepage which has another link to the sha1sum.exe. If you download that file and place it in one of your directories that contain executables (win32 iirc) you should be able to open a cmd session and use the program. (ideally cd to the directory containing the .iso files, then run: sha1sum -c SHA1SUM (which is the usual name for the file that comes with the torrent) ) or if you did not download the SHA1SUM file, either run the command as you did and manually compare the result or make your own SHA1SUM file, copying the sums from the webpage to the notepad program.

Good luck

Scott