Re: uol.com.br is now banned from this list

On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 10:14 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Thursday 17 November 2005 09:58, Craig White wrote:
> >On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 03:26 -0500, Warren Togami wrote:
> >> but I am still receiving those damned petsupermarket bounces
> >> immediately upon sending a message to the list.
> >>
> >> uol.com.br has been a problem here for months.  This is insane.
> >
> >----
> >I suppose the way to definitively solve this issue is to create an smtp
> >daemon that tarpits connections from uol.com.br and distribute it to
> >enough fedora list users that would bring their smtp servers to it's
> >knees within minutes.
> >
> >Craig
>
> Its not just the rh lists, SA and debian is fussing about them too.
> Apparently vz is filtering them as I'm not seeing them, but the tarpit
> idea sounds like a pro-active winner to me.  Put them out of business
> till they get a new business plan.  I don't have a problem with that,
> not that my opinion is worth any more than you paid for it...
---
my opinion isn't worth more than yours.

SA list was instigated by JoAnne doing her thing.

If 50 Fedora users had servers that could tarpit uol.com.br - they would
clearly get the message and fix it as it would tie up their SMTP servers
big time. My email address does fetchmail from ISP so I can't do that.

Craig

believed to be clean.