Re: Unofficial FC4.2 released

On 11/14/05, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday 14 November 2005 14:21, Kam Leo wrote:
>On 11/14/05, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Monday 14 November 2005 12:06, Kam Leo wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> >I just noticed the announcement on the list. I tried to download the
>> > files but it looks like the torrent is dead. There are 8 seeds and
>> > 1 peer, none of which to connect.
>>
>> I should be there, running the trackerless version though, with this
>> script:
>> ----------
>> #!/bin/bash
>> /usr/bin/bittorrent-console FC4.2-Unofficial-i386.torrent &
>> ----------
>>
>> To HKR: Is this incorrect usage?
>>
>> --
>> Cheers, Gene
>
>Azureus-2.3.0.4 Client sees a DHT tracker. However, there are no seeds
> or peers connected to the swarm.
>
>>From the documentation I read regarding there has to be at least one
> seed and of course a sufficient number of connected peers to keep the
> torrent working when the original seed goes offline.

This is what I'm current seeing on the cli that launched it:
saving:         FC4.2-i386
file size:      2,816,667,648 (3 GiB)
percent done:   100.0
time left:      seeding
download to:    /usr/FC4/FC4.2-i386
download rate:  0.0 KB/s
upload rate:    0.0 KB/s
share rating:   oo  (0.0 MB up / 0.0 MB down)
seed status:    0 distributed copies (next: 1:0.0%)
peer status:    0 seen now

So whose moose got goosed?  Back shortly after I had completed the
original dl, I rebooted to a new 2.6.14,2 kernel and restarted it.  At
that time I left it run till there had been no activity for several
hours, but it
did show a share of 820 some megabytes then.

Should I go get this new Azureus and try it instead?

--
Cheers, Gene

You can always try Azureus.  Before you do, take a look at this link, http://www.bittorrent.com/guide.html .  Did you perform Step 2 thru 7?