Re: Off Topic Sorry about he off topic

On Sun, 2005-11-13 at 19:15 -0600, Thomas W. Cranston wrote:

> Hi
>
> I can't tell you any explicit info about the graphics cards, but in
> general, Macs are usually very high quality. They are preferred by
> artists and graphics people.

That's generally been because of the OS, not the hardware.
Better video cards have been available for the PC for a LONG time - and
with the exception of a few select photoshop plugins, PC's have been
spanking similarly priced macs for a long time as well.

Apple has always had a good OS (first gen of OS X excepted - but by 10.2
they had fixed a lot of those issues) for people who want to use the OS,
not futz with it. That's their strength, and that's why people are
willing to pay more for the hardware.