Re: Off Topic Sorry about he off topic

At 8:25 PM -0500 11/13/05, Ryan wrote:
>Thomas W. Cranston wrote:
>
>> I can't tell you any explicit info about the graphics cards, but in
>> general, Macs are usually very high quality.
>
>I think macs are going the other way (commodity hardware), especially
>considering the amount of marketing they've used to pitch the imac mini.

Macs have been using mostly commodity hardware for about a decade.  It was
the software that made the difference.  In this case, it's the drivers, and
owning the software that talks to the (crappy ATI video) drivers.

As Apple moves to using Intel CPUs and chipsets, "Macs" will have even more
commodity hardware in them.  Other than old software running poorly again,
there won't be much difference.

I don't use MOSX.  I'm posting this from MacOS.