Latest Firefox - Slow on Starting

Hi All,

I am not at home now, so I can't tell you what's my Firefox version - I just know it is the latest.

I am running FC4 on a P4 machine with 512MB of RAM. I have noticed the system in general is a bit more sluggish since the recent updates.

When I click on the Internet icon on my panel - it takes about 10-15  seconds delay until I get my Firefox window (blank page).

I have noticed similar behaviour with other apps.

I remember it used to be faster....

Any ideas?

What should I check?
Thanks !