Re: Yum not updating

At 9:10 AM -0500 11/4/05, Gene Heskett wrote:
>On Friday 04 November 2005 08:44, Temlakos wrote:
>>Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
>[...]
>
>>If I might add my own two cents/pence/centimes/pfennigen/dinars/etc:
>>
>>THis morning I attempted my morning update using smart. I could not
>>raise livna by any channel whatsoever--not by a repo-metadata channel,
>>and not by the apt-rpm channel that installs with the atrpms version of
>>smart. Fortunately, when smart has a problem with any given channel, it
>>just moves on. I suspect, however, that livna has had a bunch of
>> crashes.
>>
>>Temlakos
>
>You are not alone, livna.org has also died here. I assumed the machine
>was down and that it would get elbowed in the ribs to wake it up, but
>after
>2+ days of no contact, during the week, that seems a less likely
>situation.
>
>Here, yum hangs for an extended time before erroring out while
>attempting to access livna.org.  Several minutes.
>
>So we are wondering when it will be restored as I understand there is
>gtk2 update because of serious security concerns.

I don't use Livna much, but I've been able to reach it every time I've
tried, including just now.

There have been many complaints for a week or so about various repos not
being available.  The common thread seems to be yum, not the repos.  Some
people report eliminating repos one at a time and having the problem move.
Search the list archives for yum problems.

It's possible that there are connectivity problems on the Internet, though
the Level3/Cogent spat has been resolved.

Searching the list archives does not work.  Here's a list mirror to search:

    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fedora-list&r=1&w=2

or use Google:

    <search terms> site:www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list