Re: Yum not updating

Dotan Cohen wrote:
On 11/4/05, akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 12:28:08AM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:

I just tried twice to yum update, but I get this error:

[root@localhost ~]# yum -y update
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: livna
failure: repodata/repomd.xml from livna: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
Error: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from livna: [Errno 256] No more
mirrors to try.

Must I just comment-out Livna? I want to be sure that I update all
that is necessary. What can I enable to replace Livna?

What do the lines in the livna.repo look like?

Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
telephone: (210)-999-7484

Thanks, Aaron. It looks like this:
[livna]
name=Livna for Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.lvn
#baseurl=http://livna.cat.pdx.edu/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.lvn
#baseurl=http://wftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/livna/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.lvn
#baseurl=http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.lvn
#mirrorlist=http://rpm.livna.org/mirrorlist
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-livna

[livna-testing]
name=Livna for Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Testing
baseurl=http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.lvn-testing
#baseurl=http://livna.cat.pdx.edu/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.lvn-testing
#baseurl=http://wftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/livna/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.lvn-testing
#baseurl=http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.lvn-testing
#mirrorlist=http://rpm.livna.org/mirrorlist-testing
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-livna

Dotan Cohen
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/126/concrete_blonde.php
Concrete Blonde Song Lyrics

If I might add my own two cents/pence/centimes/pfennigen/dinars/etc:

THis morning I attempted my morning update using smart. I could not raise livna by any channel whatsoever--not by a repo-metadata channel, and not by the apt-rpm channel that installs with the atrpms version of smart. Fortunately, when smart has a problem with any given channel, it just moves on. I suspect, however, that livna has had a bunch of crashes.

Temlakos