Re: Internet Vs Intranet server

--On Thursday, October 13, 2005 1:16 PM +1000 Maung Nanda Linn Aung <nandalinnaung@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I do not have to actually go online to the internet. Actually, it's a
simulation work i have to do for my school course.. So, i have to
include all basic services that are with the OS which now is fedora
core 4.. The more services i can conclude in my project, the better i
guess.. honestly, i want to know the differentiated services in
between internet and intranet server..

Just about any service can be used either way, but I avoid exposing passwords on the wire across the Internet, which rules out some things. That's why telnet is generally discouraged.

What are you trying to simulate? Real servers have just about every imaginable combination of service, from bare-bones to fully-loaded. Some run a single dedicated service while others are a christmas tree.