Re: FC4 Install GRUB Load Error

On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 11:20 -0700, Chris Kirk wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I popped in the installation CD and ran the Linux Rescue. Through
> Shell I found boot/grub in mnt/sysimage/boot/grub
>
> So I moved the boot folder into / and restarted and its still hanging!
>
> Any ideas?

You *moved* boot from /mnt/sysimage to / when in rescue mode????

It is not likely you even have the kernel images or grub.conf files
available now on the installation if I understood that correctly.

When booted to rescue mode / is initially in the ramdisk.  There is a
note that comes up when it first boots that tells you about chrooting
to /mnt/sysimage for access to the installed OS.

If you did not do that, then you moved the boot image to ramdisk and
when you rebooted it is likely gone from the hard disk.