Re: cannot install Redhat Linux

On 8/4/05, Jim Cornette <fc-cornette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hongyu Sun wrote:
>
> > > Later on in your post you mention /dev/sda4 as a partition.
> >

> >  That was a typo. Should be /dev/hda4
>
> I wasn't sure who typed the /dev/sda4 in the posting that I read through.

Hi, All:

That was my typo. Thanks all I have installed Linux on a
re-partitioned computer which had only C drive before re-partition.

I still cannot find where the Linux is in the computer which
preallocated 10GB and which had C and D drive.

I mentioned the /dev/hda3 and I checked what is this seeming "no-use"
partition. It is actually a 39MB FAT EISA Configuration.

It seems it is useful. So I cannot delete or combine it.

I tried "linux rescue" and follow the instruction to mount
/mnt/sysimage to root.

But nothing improved. After root, still windows XP showed up.

I did not have any chance to type "grub".

Look forward to your advice,

Many Thanks.

HS