[Semi-OT] Help configuring a file server

I'm about to put together a file server and I'd appreciate your comments, especially if you know it won't work with FC4. This box will mainly be a video/audio server for my home systems.

The main concern I have is the disk controllers, (2) Promise SATA300 TX4. Google results in mixed messages and I saw a patch just last week to 2.6.13.<something> related to this controller. If you have this controller working, I'd like to hear about it.

I'd also appreciate any advice on GigE controllers and a GigE switch.

Thanks,

John