Re: US Federal Government to require MSIE for copyright preregistration

--On Friday, August 05, 2005 7:34 PM +0300 Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What critical function is that activeX doing that cannot be done in a
compliant way? Is that feature so critical that if it is not done,
then the app cannot perforn it's intended function? Is there an
activeX control so critical, that if Microsoft had not invented it,
that online preregistration would not be possible?

Note that I didn't say they were using ActiveX as justification for requiring IE. I was merely speculating that it could be a possible reason. If so, it's a dumb one.

Another possible reason is that the site depends on bugs in IE, or that a browser that complies with more recent CSS standards could break the (broken) layout that IE recognizes.