Re: up2date in enterprise environment?

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On 5/24/05, William Hooper <whooperhsd3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> As I have said in the past, if you configure yum to use a single mirror
>>  you will fix this problem with squid.  You will be reconfiguring yum
>> to use the single vhost if you choose to use apache anyway.
>
> Good point - I guess the thing I am really looking for is a url rewriter
> for squid that either keeps yum from seeing the mirror list or maps all the
> requests to one site so they'll be satisfied from the cache.   That would
> avoid the need to reconfigure every client.

Using this as a reference:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-15.html#ss15.4

   #!/usr/local/bin/perl
        $|=1;
        while (<>) {
                s@http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors@http://myhost.org/mirrors@;
                print;
        }

Then name the mirror text files on myhost.org accordingly.  I thought they
used the same list, but it appears that up2date uses
http://fedora.redhat.com/download/up2date-mirrors instead.

--
William Hooper