up2date in enterprise environment?

I have an environment with 40 servers. Whats the best way to roll out O/S and software upgrades with these requirements?

1. systems lack internet access.
2. would prefer that generally all systems maintain the same O/S and software levels.
3. when considering an enterprise-wide update, would prefer to roll out upgrades to a subset of servers first before doing so to all of them.

It's not clear to me how to deal with this. Ideally i'd somehow maintain a server that contains all the updates and my systems that do not have internet access could update from that one (it *woud* have internet access).