Re: Slow GUI with Evolution (and only with Evolution)

As I was saying, the slowness is very noticeable even when I click on New Message or go into Settings i.e. no spam checks take place (BTW, I had them disabled right from the start). Repetitive actions don't seem to improve speed either (by using cache mechanisms or otherwise): if I click on New Message n times, each time the new window will be drawn at the same (low) speed). It seems to be a GUI problem and nothing more, as no other functions (e.g. sending or receiving messages) are affected. Still, this doesn't make too much sense when no other GTK+ applications are affected.
I'm really puzzled.

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org