Re: Slow GUI with Evolution (and only with Evolution)

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 07:15 -0500, Bob Chiodini wrote:

> How often is evolution set to check for new mail?  I've observed that
> evolution is painfully slow whenever it's doing its new mail check.  In
> my case it's looking at two IMAP accounts and one Exchange account.

The painful slowness is caused by the spam filtering, in particular the
"Include remote tests" option. Go to:

Tools -> Settings -> Mail Preferences -> Junk

and try disabling "Include remote tests" and see if that helps. If it is
still too slow then try tweaking your spamassassin setup further. If
it's still too slow disable spam filtering altogether and look into
server side solutions. The slowness is caused by spamassassin, not
evolution.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren@xxxxxxxxxxx          www.dzr-web.com