Re: FC2 - NIC firewall?

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 13:35, Dave Pisarek wrote:
> I have a public IP the WAN side of the router and the workstation is
> assigned a 192.168.100 addy that is allowed through the router. Not
> sure what is causing this because I can telnet to the workstation from
> the router on port 22 and get an openssh response. Just traffic coming
> from the outside world gets connection refused when attenpting to ssh.
> This is why i thought it was  firewall issue or something to that
> effect.

If your iptables firewall is stopped that should eliminate that as an
issue.

If your machine has 192.168.100 address then the router in front of it
must be doing NAT.

>From your workstation have you gone to http://www.grc.com and run a
scan?  This should tell you what ports are open or blocked from outside
of your LAN.  Of course this will use what ever public IP address is
assigned to your router.  If it is acting as a firewall it may be
blocking certain ports.  Your test from the router to your workstation
may work as you may not be going through the firewall portion of the
router, just out the local LAN interface.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

I don't deserve this award, but I have arthritis and I don't deserve that
either.
		-- Jack Benny